Wescon is an international group with subsidiary companies operating in both the USA and China. We aim to offer technologically-advanced and reliable power products and quality services including substation / power plant automation, metering to our customers worldwide.
For more information about Wescon, including its coporate vision, corporate culture, advantange, project management, quality control and more, please click the relevant links below.
Wescon has developed Research and Development techniques and a culture that we feel is quite unique and provides great benefit to our customers in the products and services we deliver.
The uniqueness and advantages of our R&D processes and culture include:
- Products are developed using a real-time Linux implementation. Linux is designed to work with round-robin process scheduling. For embedded systems, real-time responses become critically important. Wescon employs interrupt-driven HAL to give Linux real-time performance.
- We employ real-time network implementation. A real-time operating system without a real-time network in modern embedded systems is almost unheard of. Wescon employs TDMA to achieve sub-millisecond time precision data delivery.
- A well-designed system will meet its design requirement by employing “logic model checking” that is, a system is correct if it meets its design requirements. There are however, fundamental problems related both to the limited controllability of events in the execution of a distributed system and to the limited ability to observe those events. Wescon uses logic model checking methods to check the correctness of software designs. The design models are verified.
- Run-time emulation of legacy code – There are many existing important applications that cannot run because their original hardware environments are obsolete. Building an emulation environment under new hardware enables these applications continue to produce results.
- Fault-tolerant computing. In electrical power substations, continuous operation of the controllers are directly tied to human lives and state economy. Wescon applies fault-tolerant computing architecture embedded in the controllers to allow non-stop continuous operations.
Copyrights © 2010
Wescon Inc. All rights reserved.